First impression on programming!

-          Why did you choose CSC104? What do you hope to get out of the course?

I always wanted to make and design my own website, so learning programming is the first step toward this goal. But since I have very little knowledge in computer programming, I decided not to learn CSC104 before exploring more about python.

I hope to able to understand some basic concept about programming. Even though I had some experiences with HTML and Java (will explain more in detail later on), I’m still having some hard time with the structure of computer languages in general. I hope this course can prepare me for CSC108, which I plan to attend next semester.

-        What did you expect programming to be like, and how does it compare with your experience in the course so far? (If you programmed before, how is programming in this course similar, and how is it different?)

I learned a bit of HTML and Java back in high school. However, I was not the top student in those class and I found the “loop” concept in Java quite challenging. So far, Dr. Racket seemed to be much more straightforward and easy to follow. Commands are also in very simple and clear English. Hope I can continue to keep up with the course.

-          What do you find interesting so far?

Observing the program run like exactly how it’s programmed is quite amusing.

-          What do you find hard so far? Is the course easier or harder than you expected?

Program exactly like the way I’ve taught without any flexibility is a bit hard to me. Memory slip happens sometimes, and it will end up with an error message. I found this course easier than my expectation.

-          How did you study for the quizzes? Are you satisfied with your performance on them; if not, what do you plan to change?

I study by working on given lab exercises. I try to solve those problems before running and “stepping” on Dr. Racket. I think I’m doing just fine for this course. However, I can definitely improve by pay attention to details such as the use of space and bracket.

-          Are there any specific Computer Science topics you're interested in?


I would like to eventually apply my knowledge on making an actual program or apply the knowledge on web design. 

Comments

  1. Hi there, I am a CSC104 TA. I am here to give you feedback on your slog. First off, I would like to say that your first entry answered all of the questions in a clear manner; however, you may want to double check your grammar as some of the sentences were a bit awkward to read. As well, you did not post anything for the Oct27th questions. It is a good idea to post regularly so you don't forget to post your responses. Additionally, we would love to learn more about your experience. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment